This page provides information about the use of personal information provided by the staff and people contracted to work with Association of Professional Executive Coaches and Supervisors.
1. What is 'personal information'?
'Personal information' means any information which relates to or identifies you as an individual.
2. Who will process my personal information?
The information provided here applies to the use, sharing and disclosure of your personal information by the Association of Professional Executive Coaches and Supervisors (APECS) to fulfil the requirements under the MEMBERSHIP agreement that you have with APECS.
APECS works together closely with specific universities or other accrediting organisations we've partnered with for the purpose of evaluating membership status and shares the personal information that you provide in your application in accordance with agreed protocols.
Your personal details may be viewed by the appropriate members and contracted persons working on behalf of APECS and the university or accrediting organization for your specific programme and your personal information may be shared for the above purposes as relevant and necessary with:
- Applicants for membership if you are contracted in the role of advisor or supervi
- The Board of APECS
- Other Education organisations, in order to assist with tracking membership applications and research into executive coaching and supervision.
APECS may disclose certain personal data to third parties. These external organisations, and the purpose for sharing the information, are set out below.
- Relevant data, including your bank details, will be shared with our accountants (for payment of invoices)
- With your permission we may share information about you for publicity and marketing purposes online, in print and on social media
- We do not sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances or permit third parties to sell on the data that we have shared with them.
3. Will my data be transferred outside of the EU
International Network: In order to provide you the best experience for your membership, APECS contracts with a variety of people located around the world. Therefore, your personal data may be shared with contracted individuals located outside of the EU. Access to your personal information is limited to staff and contracted individuals who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their contractual duties, and our use of your personal information will not be excessive.
4. How is my personal information used?
APECS will process your personal information for a range of contractual, purposes, including the following:
- Internal reporting and record keeping
- Administrative purposes
- Issuing references at your request
- Inclusion on the website
- Marketing, including images, online, in print and on social media (with your consent)
- To deliver resources and facilities to you (e.g. IT logins)
- To enable your participation at events (e.g. functions, graduation)
- To communicate effectively with you by post, email and phone, including the distribution of relevant newsletters and circulars
- To compile statistics and conduct research for internal and statutory reporting purposes
- To fulfil and monitor our responsibilities under equalities, immigration and public safety legislation
We consider the processing of your personal information for these purposes to be either necessary for the performance of our membership obligations with you, necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. equal opportunities monitoring), necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest (e.g. teaching and research), or necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of APECS.
If we require your consent for any specific use of your personal information, we will collect it at the appropriate time and you can withdraw this at any time. We will not use your personal information to carry out any wholly automated decision-making that affects you.
5. How can I access my personal information?
You have the right to access the personal information that is held about you by APECS. You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information that we hold about you, to delete personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to object to processing or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information that you provided to us.
6. How long is my information kept?
We store your personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Data will be securely destroyed when no longer required.
7. Who can I contact?
If you need further assistance, please contact the Membership Secretary at APECS.
8. How do I complain?
If you are not happy with the way that your information is being handled, or with the response received from us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk/
9. Are changes made to this webpage?
This page was last updated in February 2019. It is reviewed when necessary and at least annually. Any changes will be published and you will be notified via this webpage and/or by email.