Welcome to APECS
The Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision (APECS) is the top level professional membership body for executive coaching, supervision, and advisory services to corporate organisations.
APECS exists to ensure that in a complex world, executives and their organisations are able to benefit from executive coaching and supervision to deliver ethical and sustainable development globally. It does so by pursuing excellence through setting high standards, accrediting and certifying members against these standards, creating a strong community of practice and encouraging systemic awareness of the wider concerns of business and society.
We are a not-for-profit organisation providing:
- Accreditation for Executive Coaches, Team Coaches and Supervisors
- Membership at the level of ‘Practising’ for Executive Coaches, Team Coaches and Supervisors for whom these activities are a significant part of their work but not to a level that would satisfy accreditation
- Professional membership for those who have been significantly involved in Executive Coaching, Team Coaching or Supervision in the past and are not currently significantly involved with these yet wish to remain in contact with the profession
- Professional standards for executive coaching and supervision
- Good practice guidance and information about executive coaching and supervision
- Events and resources for members
Please click this link for membership categories and criteria guidelines.
And, for more on the history of APECS click here
Find our APECS Members
Use our interactive map to find our APECS Members and read their profiles.
(Please note we're continually adding members to our map and look forward to having a full complement very shortly)
Founded in 2004, the Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision (APECS) is the top level membership professional body for executive coaching and supervision. APECS uses a capability based framework (as opposed to competencies) to evaluate and acknowledge an executive coach’s level of professional standing.
Executive Coaching differs from other forms of coaching in that it is primarily concerned with the development of the executive in the context of the needs of their organisation.
APECS defines "Executive" as a person who has a level of leadership responsibility (financial / operational / people) and/or responsibility for policy formulation and/or who makes a significant business critical individual contribution to the organisation.
What We Do
APECS is a not-for-profit organisation which accredits executive coaches and supervisors working within the context of coaching and leadership who attain its standards. Our aims are:
- To safeguard and develop the standards of professional coaching and supervision
- To provide a stimulating forum for individuals engaged in buying or delivering professional coaching and supervision
- To foster a coaching community based on interest and capability in the fields of coaching and supervision
APECS enables coaches, supervisors and corporate buyers of executive coaching to:
- Meet at regular member events
- Receive information relating to executive coaching and supervision
- Exchange views and experience and provide mutual support and development in both formal and informal ways.